Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Season 1

Friday, October 10, 2014

DVD Review - Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Season 1

 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the DVD
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX first aired in North America between October 2005 and July 2008 on CW 4Kids with rebroadcasts on the Cartoon Network. Known in Japan as Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX, the series includes all 52 30-minute episodes of the first season. Featuring the voices of Matthew Chrales (Totally Spies!, The Proud Family Movie, Winx Club, Yu-Gi-Oh! Bonds Beyond Time) and Wayne Grayson (The Octonauts, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh! Bonds Beyond Time, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles).

The Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series originated from the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga series created by Kazuki Takahashi. The Japanese collectible trading card game, developed and distributed by Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd., has sold more than 25 billion cards. The game and television series feature a strategic play that incorporates a combination of monsters, spells and traps to defeat opponents, and is acknowledged by the Guinness World Records™ as the best-selling trading card game of all time. A long-running success on TV throughout the world, Yu-Gi-Oh! has aired domestically and internationally in more than 65 countries over the past 14 years.


My Take on the DVD
This is another great off-shoot of the Yu-Gi-Oh series that I was not completely aware of when it originally ran, but I am glad now that I have learned about it and have watched this season (at least) with my own kids. I really liked the characters in this, especially the main character, as you really get to see him grow and learn throughout this season and I am sure into the other seasons you would too. While I know some fans were not happy with how this series was originally cut, in eatching this first DVD, I have to say that I was impressed and would definitely encourage other Yu-Gi-Oh fans to watch this too as you will love it!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: