Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - I'm My Own Dog

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Book Review - I'm My Own Dog

I'm My Own Dog
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
Caldecott Honor winner David Ezra Stein has fans at his command with this comical dog’s-eye view of having a best friend.

Many dogs have human owners. Not this dog. He fetches his own slippers, curls up at his own feet, and gives himself a good scratch. But there is one spot, in the middle of his back, that he just can’t reach. So one day, he lets a human scratch it. And the poor little fella follows him home. What can the dog do but get a leash to lead the guy around with? Dog lovers of all ages will revel in the humorous role-reversal as this dog teaches his human all the skills he needs to be a faithful companion.



My Take on the Book
David Ezra Stein has written a very amusing story from a dog's point of view from being independent to finding an owner. The interesting part is how the author weaves the thoughts of the dog. For example the dog wants to make sure his owner understands how the human needs to act now that the human owns a dog. It will make you wonder if our pets are thinking similar thoughts . It is a humorous story I know you and your child will enjoy.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: