Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Andi Under Pressure

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Book Review - Andi Under Pressure

Andi Under Pressure

 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg


About the Book
Twelve-year-old Andora ‘Andi’ Boggs and her new best friend Colin Carter couldn’t be more excited to attend the prestigious science camp at the local university in Killdeer, Ohio. Unfortunately, Discovery Camp’s curriculum appears to include much more than just chemistry and biology. From day one, the university is plagued by a series of pranks—missing markers, loose crickets, and stolen scales. Campus security blames the mysterious janitor Polk, but even though Andi agrees he’s acting suspicious, she can’t believe the gentle old man would do anything illegal. Then one prank goes too far and their chemistry professor is injured by an explosion in the lab, upping the stakes of the investigation. Andi and Colin must unravel the secrets behind the chemistry department and Polk’s dark past before danger closes the camp for good.



My Take on the Book
I had never reviewed one of this author's books before, but I will say that after reading this with my daughters I am inclined to find more. We loved the characters in this book and the author does a great job at making them real for the reader. On top of this, we found this book to be interactive and engaging and you continue to wonder what will happen next as each page passes. The mystery is strong and the connection of a strong female character is something I like to share with my daughters too. Also, I can tell that this book is one that will definitely be a safe read for my daughters as the kids are acting in ways that I would want my own kids to act, which is a breath of fresh air for a parent. I for one am looking forward to additional books from this author in the future and so are my girls.




----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: