Dad of Divas' Reviews: Cosmos Hits Blu-Ray For Fathers Day!

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Cosmos Hits Blu-Ray For Fathers Day!

cosmos

 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Series
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment presents a fantastic journey through the universe as Carl Sagan’s visionary series continues with COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY, arriving on Blu-ray and DVD June 10. Debuting two days after the epic conclusion, fans can re-watch this legendary story 13.8 billion years in the making just in time for Father’s Day in spectacular high-definition.

Hosted by renowned astrophysicist Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson and executive produced by Ann Druyan, Seth MacFarlane, Mitchell Cannold and Brannon Braga, COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY features incredible bonus materials including a stunning five-part documentary on the making of this critically-acclaimed ground-breaking event. Fans can also discover what connects us all and see the past, present and future of our galaxy with the interactive “Cosmic Calendar,” exclusive to the Blu-ray release.

COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY is the spectacular follow-up to Carl Sagan’s award-winning series that explored the remarkable mysteries of the cosmos and our place within it. This thrilling, 13-part adventure transports viewers across the universe of space and time, bringing to life never-before-told stories of the heroic quest for knowledge and a deeper understanding of nature. With an updated Cosmic Calendar, dazzling visual effects, and the wondrous Ship of the Imagination, fans will experience an unforgettable journey to new worlds and across the universe for a vision of the cosmos on the grandest and smallest scale.

COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY Blu-ray and DVD Special Features

  • The Cosmic Calendar: An Interactive Look at the History of the Universe (Blu-ray Exclusive)
  • COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY - The Voyage Continues
  • Celebrating Carl Sagan: A Selection From The Library of Congress Dedication
  • COSMOS at Comic-Con 2013
  • Audio Commentary on Episode One: “Standing Up in the Milky Way”



My Take on the Series
I have always been a person that loves learning and from all of the way back to when I was a child, the idea of our solar system and beyond always grabbed my fascination. I can think back to when I was a child, collecting space Legos, drawing spaceships all of the time, watching star wars and star trek, reading comics and simply dreaming of aliens and the larger cosmos that we are a part of.
This series expanded my understanding of how small of a player Earth is in the larger scheme of the cosmos. As I was watching this I was humbled by how vast the cosmos was (from what we can comprehend). When I watched this I had my daughters watch with me, and to watch their eyes and talk to them afterward was exciting, because I think for the most part this series blew their minds (it did for me too).

I have to say that the information packed into this series as well as the vibrant color and beauty in this was simply breathtaking. The series is so complete and you will leave this with so much more information that you first started.


I would highly recommend this to all as I believe that everyone needs to understand the universe and our place within this grand universal design.


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: