Tis the season for online shopping, and with online sales expected to increase 13-15% this holiday season, it’s important to ensure online holiday experiences are safe ones. The holiday season should be fun and festive, and the joy of the season can be lost quickly if people interact with an un-safe website, lose important receipts or blow their budgets.
Master Lock and Mario Armstrong, Digital Lifestyle Expert™ have provided tips and tools to help navigate the holiday safety, securely and with as little stress as possible.
- Make smart online purchases. The convenience of online holiday shopping can quickly be derailed if you become a victim of identity theft due to sharing your credit card and shipping data with a non-secure site. Before entering any personal or financial information, check to make sure the website is secure.
- Click with caution. Consumers may be bombarded with link-heavy holiday emails this season sending well wishes or advertising hot gift items and sales. Consumers are advised to click links with caution to avoid a malware-spreading site.
- Set and track your budget. Avoid post-holiday regret or debt by setting a realistic budget and tracking your purchases to ensure you adhere to it. A variety of apps and websites can help you with your budget tracking goals, such as Mint.com or the Master Lock Vault.
- Keep digital receipts. Easily file away receipts from your holiday shopping in one place to cross-reference purchase dates and totals with your bank and credit card billing statements to check for any unfamiliar charges, or to facilitate easy returns after the holidays.
- Don't leave a digital trail to your gift purchases. If you are using a computer that other family members use and don't want them to see what sites you've visited, enable your browser's private browsing feature when researching and buying gifts.
About the Product
Master Lock 2120D computer lock is the must have for the traveling professional, office employee, or busy student who needs to safeguard their professional or personal equipment and its' valuable contents. This lock is strong, easy to use, convenient to transport, and a universal fit for any electronic device with a built in lock slot including laptop and desktop computers, external hard drives, and scanners. Protect your devices and your data, anywhere.
- Security on the go, ideal for campus, office, travel or home use
- Secure any laptop, notebook, monitor or projector with a built in lock slot
- Ultra portable self coiling cable extends from 3 inches to 6 feet
- Trusted dial locking mechanism in an easy to spin and easy to use configuration
- 10,000 combination possibilities for ultimate personalization
My Take on the Product
I loved how easy this lock was to set up and use. It connected easily to my laptop and I had no problems at all with the lock staying secure. This gave me peace of mind when I was out in public that I could leave my computer out without it walking away with someone else. The other thing that was great about this lock was the personalization that it affords you when it comes to the lock itself. You can make the password what you like or change it every now and again to make sure that no one gets to know your password! If you are looking for a great lock for your laptop, this is a great one in my perspective!
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org