Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The Girl with a Brave Heart: A Story from Tehran

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Book Review - The Girl with a Brave Heart: A Story from Tehran

The Girl with a Brave Heart: A Story from Tehran
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
Shiraz, a kindhearted young girl growing up in Tehran, has a miserable life at home with her stepmother and stepsister, who treat her like a servant. When the wind blows Shiraz's ball of wool into the garden next door, she spends helping and caring for the old lady who lives there, with miraculous results. Then her stepmother sends her own daught



My Take on the Book
This was such a unique book that was beautifully written. I loved the overall moral of the story that was shared in the book and the author shares this in such a way that you will be asked many times to read this over and over again. As a parent it is books like this that I love to bring into my home not only due to the message that they share, but the beauty that they allow my daughters to experience as well. The book is lyrical and it opened up a dialogue for our family into understanding a different culture separate from our own.


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: