About the Movie
Disney's heartwarming family comedy, “PLANES,” revved up with high-flying action and adventure, lands in homes and mass retailers nationwide on November 19th. This endearing underdog story about a crop dusting plane named Dusty with sky-high dreams touches down on Blu-ray, DVD, Digital HD and On-Demand featuring a cargo hold full of exciting bonus features. Guaranteeing hours of fun, “PLANES” is the perfect gift for “ladies and gentle-planes” of all ages this holiday season.
To view a full 8-minute sneak peek of the film, please visit http://youtu.be/WBi4FWOgNPc
After spreading its wings in theaters, “PLANES” soars to glorious new heights on Blu-ray, featuring wondrous high definition picture and sound and never-before-seen bonus features, including musical number “Franz’s Song,” deleted scenes, a behind-the-scenes featurette that follows Director Klay Hall’s personal journey during the making of the film, a look at the ten greatest aviators in history hosted by ESPN’s Colin Cowherd, and more.
Directed by Klay Hall (“King of the Hill,” “The Simpsons”), produced by Traci Balthazor-Flynn (“Return to Never Land,” “Bambi II,” “The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Beginning”) and written by Jeffrey M. Howard (“Tinker Bell,” “Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue”), “PLANES” flew to the top of the U.S. box office this summer, holding altitude as the #1 family movie in America four weekends in a row.
“PLANES” is propelled by a star-studded voice cast that includes Dane Cook (“Louie,” “My Best Friend’s Girl,” “Dan in Real Life”) as Dusty, Stacy Keach (“The Bourne Legacy,” “Nebraska”) as Navy Corsair Skipper, Teri Hatcher (ABC’s “Desperate Housewives,” “Coraline”) as say-it-like-it-is mechanic Dottie, Julia Louis-Dreyfus (“Veep,” “The New Adventures of Old Christine,” “Seinfeld”) as Rochelle, Priyanka Chopra (“Barfi!”) as Ishani, John Cleese (Monty Python, “A Fish Called Wanda”) as Bulldog, Carlos Alazraqui (James Garcia on Comedy Central’s “Reno 911”) as El Chupacabra, Roger Craig Smith (Captain America in Disney XD’s “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble,” voice of Sonic The Hedgehog in “Wreck-It Ralph”) as the world champion racer Ripslinger, Val Kilmer (“Batman Forever,” “Top Gun”) as Bravo and Anthony Edwards (TV’s “ER,” “Top Gun”) as Echo.
On November 19th, “PLANES” will be available as a Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray+ DVD + Digital Copy), a Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy), a DVD (DVD + Digital Copy), Digital HD and On-Demand.
(Blu-ray, DVD and Select Digital Retailers)
- Exclusive Franz’s Song (approx. 1:40) - Blu-ray & Select Digital Retailers: Produced exclusively for Blu-ray and HD Digital, this never-before-seen completely finished animated song features the German mini-car, Franz Fliegenhosen, who encourages Dusty on his flight.
- Klay’s Flight Plan (approx. 15:00) Blu-ray, DVD & Select Digital Retailers: Follow Director Klay Hall’s personal journey during the making of “Planes” and discover why his family connection to aviation made “Planes” his perfect project. Fly along with Klay as he lands on a working aircraft carrier to get first-hand experience on the flight deck.
- Deleted Scenes (approx.. 3:46) Blu-ray & Select Digital Retailers: Director Klay Hall and Producer Traci Balthazor-Flynn introduce deleted scenes from the movie.
- Training Montage (approx. 2:38)
- Taj Mahal (approx. 1:08)
- Meet the Racers (approx.. 5:50) Blu-ray, DVD & Select Digital Retailers: Featurettes introducing racers El Chupacabra (1:15), Ripslinger (1:15), Dusty (:90), and Ishani (:90).
- Top 10 Flyers (approx. 8:00) Blu-ray & Select Digital Retailers: ESPN’s Colin Cowherd hosts a fun, fast-paced countdown of the greatest aviators in history.
Disney's Planes Salutes National Aviation History Month
My Take on the Movie
This was another great Disney movie that my kids really enjoyed. While there are some parallels in the story between the Cars movie and this (IMHO), the messages of perseverance, friendship, and teamwork are all ones that I want my girls to learn.
There are some great voice actors in this and you get some funny anecdotes and puns throughout too, and this for me is another great aspect of the movie. I enjoyed the artistry of the movie and loved the action that is packed into the film as well.
If you love Disney movies, planes or just a feel good movie, then this is definitely a family friendly one that I would highly recommend to all!
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org