About the Book
The editors at Sports Illustrated Kids, the most respected sports news information resource for children and families, today announced the first kids title of its kind to rank top athletes, playing fields, rivalries, games, controversial calls, memorable moments and more. The Top 10 of Everything in Sports, which goes on sale October 15 at Sikids.com/top10 and at retailers nationwide, includes the 30 Top 10 Lists covering every professional sport.
For The TOP 10 of Everything in SPORTS , the editors of Sports Illustrated Kids set out to create authoritative and comprehensive sports “top 10” rankings that would spark conversation among sports fans of any age. Rankings were decided on through debates and brainstorms amongst a panel of Sports Illustrated Kids’ editors and staff. The panel looked across a wide variety of sports and eras to come up with an eclectic mix of fun categories that takes every sporting discipline into account.
Who scored at the top of the rankings…and do you agree? Select highlights of the top 10 lists include:
- Greatest Athlete: Michael Jordan tops the list, with Muhammad Ali (#2) and Wayne Gretzky (#3) not far behind.
- Clutch Performances: Joe Montana’s game-winning drive in the Super Bowl not only sealed the win, but also the #1 spot on the Clutch list.
- Sports Rivalry: Foes for more than 100 years, the Yankees and Red Sox have the most heated rivalry in sports. North Carolina vs. Duke (#2) and Boston Celtics vs. Los Angeles Lakers (#3) round out the top three.
- Records: Joe DiMaggio’s 56-game hit streak remains one of the greatest and most difficult to break. Wayne Gretzky’s 215 points in a season comes in at a close second.
- Fans: Don’t mess with the Oakland Raiders’ faithful, who frighten opponents from the south end zone of O.co coliseum, known as the Black Hole. Alabama Crimson Tide (#2) and Pittsburgh Steelers (#3) round out the top 3.
Additional Top 10 lists include championship games, stadiums, sports movies, controversial calls, unbelievable moments, strongest arms, athlete-actors, signature looks, logos, celebrations, nick names, prodigies, coaches, underdogs and sporting events, among others.
“The best thing about sports rankings is that they spark a passionate dialogue and feverish conversation among sports fans, young and old,” said Bob Der Managing Editor of Sports Illustrated Kids. “Everyone has his or her favorite game, team, athletes and moments. Our editors hope that our Top 10 lists continue that conversation among fans of all ages, encouraging exciting debates and discussions about who’s #1 across generations and fans for years to come.”
The Top 10 of Everything in Sports is the latest title in the best selling Sports Illustrated Kids List Series and offers a comprehensive, yet fun look at the greatest aspects of pro sports. Filled with trivia, thrilling action photos from Sports Illustrated, and the insider knowledge of Sports Illustrated Kids, the book will spark conversation and interest in children and families around the world.
My Take on the Book
This was a great book that had a bit of every sport within it. My daughter loved all of the facts and tidbits that were shared and I have to say that even though this book was geared toward children, I found it to be an enjoyable read as well. My daughter loves sports so after I gave this to her she did not want to stop reading, which is what I love to see no matter what the topic! All-in-all this is a great book for any young reader that loves sports!
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at email@example.com