Dad of Divas' Reviews: Holiday Gift Guide - Original Christmas Classics DVD

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Holiday Gift Guide - Original Christmas Classics DVD

Original Christmas Classics DVD

About the DVD
The cute and family-friendly box set contains four of the most beloved holiday TV specials of all time, including the Rankin/Bass classics “Frosty the Snowman,” “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town” and “Frosty Returns.” Watching these iconic TV specials are part of the American holiday tradition, just like baking cookies or trimming the Christmas tree! The holiday season just wouldn’t be the same without them…

The Original Christmas Classics collection will be available wherever Blu-rays ($44.95 SRP) are sold.
The Original Christmas Classics" DVD set includes the seven features listed below:


  1. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer (1964 47 minutes)
  2. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (1970 51 minutes)
  3. Frosty The Snowman (1969 25 minutes)
  4. Frosty Returns (1992 23 minutes



My Take on the DVD
Talk about holiday traditions, I grew up watching these holiday classics and every year since, even though I am now an adult, I will look forward to watching these shows when they come on the network stations. I was so excited to see that they put these together as I had been wanting to share them all with my own daughters, but have not been able to find them all on television.

There are a few shows that you might also attribute to this classic status that are not here such as Rudolph's Shiny New Year (which I thought would be here but it was not), but I cannot fault the developers too much on that as what you do get is worth the wait!

All of the shows are fun and bring out the holiday spirit in everyone. My kids and I sat down to watch these over the last few days and they loved them.

I did notice upon researching the DVD version of this that they had added another three Shows on that that were not here, which was a bit disappointing. However, the overall quality of the shows you do get are top notch and I was quite impressed with the digital remastering of the videos themselves and I believe that you will be as well!

I encourage you to make these four shows a part of your family's holiday tradition too! You will not regret it!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: