Dad of Divas' Reviews: Blu-ray Review - Paranoia

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Blu-ray Review - Paranoia

 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Movie
Oscar® nominees Harrison Ford (42) and Gary Oldman* (The Dark Knight) star with Liam Hemsworth (The Hunger Games) in this high-stakes espionage thriller based on Joseph Finder’s New York Times best seller. Fired from his telecom job, Adam Cassidy (Hemsworth) is forced by company CEO Nicolas Wyatt (Oldman) to infiltrate Wyatt’s longtime rival’s (Ford) company to steal trade secrets. Soon, Adam realizes that he’s caught between two ruthless players who will stop at nothing to win. But, desperate to win over an Ivy League beauty (Amber Heard) and help his blue-collar father, Adam risks everything in a dangerous race against time in this electrifying film directed by Robert Luketic.

*Harrison Ford, Actor, Witness, 1985; Gary Oldman, Actor, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, 2011.

Blu-ray Combo Pack Exclusive Features

  • Deleted Scenes
  • Privacy is Dead
  • The Paranoia Begins
  • The Players
  • Theatrical Trailer




My Take on the Movie
I had not heard much about this movie, so I was going in a bit blind. I had not read the books, nor heard much about the movie, though I knew of some of the actors in the movie so that was a plus. In looking online I was a bit scared as movie critics did not seem to like it. However, after watching it myself I have to say that I enjoyed the movie and found it to be an exciting, action filled thriller that kept me engaged from beginning to end. I understand where some of the criticism came from as there were some parts in the movie that seemed to leave me asking "what happened" or that there were some gaps in the plot itself, but for me these did not destroy the movie as some critics may make you believe. All-in-all it was a good movie to watch on a Friday night, and I left feeling good about the time spent and loved being able to get lost in the movie itself!



----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: