About the Game
Princess Bubblegum summons Finn and Jake to the Candy Kingdom to investigate a rash of thefts and kidnappings that have plagued her kingdom. She thinks the cause lies within her Secret Royal Dungeon, where only the nastiest monsters and criminals are locked up. If they've found a way to escape, the Land of Ooo will be in danger!
Following the mathematical, algebraic, and radical success of 2012's Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!!, show creator Pendleton Ward teams up with developer WayForward in the all-new action game Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! Select from an assortment of fan favorite characters from the show, including Finn, Jake, Marceline, Cinnamon Bun, and more, as the Adventure Time world comes to life through beautiful pixel animations, and voiceover from the original cast. Fight through 100 floors of a massive dungeon, battling enemies and bosses from across the Adventure Time universe, using an arsenal of weapons and power-ups. Raid chests for treasure and booty that'll help you unravel the mystery of the dungeon!
- Series creator Pendleton Ward and developer WayForward team up again with a brand new storyline and an offbeat, fun adventure for fans of all ages.
- Play as fan-favorite Adventure Time characters Finn, Jake, Marceline and Cinnamon Bun plus many more, each one with unique moves and an arsenal of creative attacks.
- Characters come to life with voiceovers provided by the original TV cast.
- Fight your way through 100 floors of a massive Secret Royal Dungeon, avoiding treacherous hazards and defeating menacing enemies and bosses from the Adventure Time show.
- Equip Tokens for awesome ability boosts such as Candy Seeds to double the effectiveness of food, Zeldron's Armor that halves damage taken, Wizard Eyes to see trap switches, and more.
- Arm your characters with Sub-Weapons like the Hero's Gauntlet, Kitten Gun, Sack of Butter, Ice Stars, and Bananarangs to complement your attacks!
- Rescue Familiars, little helpers that temporarily assist you in battle, throughout the dungeon.
- Interact with other popular characters from the Adventure Time show to learn about side quests or buy upgrades to aid your main quest.
My Take on the Game
I had the opportunity to try this out and after playing a number of the levels I have to say that I am impressed with how well the makers have created characters that relate well to the cartoon itself. The game is Gauntlet like, though there is a true lacking multiplayer function mode (which is something I guess I would have initially expected). Graphics and sound in my perspective were probably the best parts of the game, however there is a 16 bit feel to the game too that from outside feels just right. Though this is definitely a strong point for game fanatics, the makers to miss some other marks when it comes to 16 bit graphics though. You also can switch out which character you would like to be as each has their own talents, powers, strengths and weaknesses. You have to be able to identify what all of these are as you move through the game to best be able to use the characters to the best of your ability. All-in-all I enjoyed myself, though there were some draw backs that I would have liked to have been fixed.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org