Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Maleficent

Monday, April 14, 2014

Book Review - Maleficent

Maleficent by Elizabeth Rudnick
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
A deluxe novelization of the Walt Disney Studios film Maleficent, starring Angelina Jolie.

This visually dazzling live action film explores the origins of one of the most iconic Disney villains: Maleficent, the infamous fairy who curses Princess Aurora in Disney's animated classic Sleeping Beauty. This "origin" story is told from Maleficent's perspective, intersecting with the classic in both familiar and unexpected ways.

The movie stars Academy Award-winning actress Angelina Jolie as Maleficent, and is directed by two-time Oscar-winning production designer Robert Stromberg (Avatar, Alice in Wonderland). The film co-stars Elle Fanning (Super 8) as the Princess Aurora, and features Sharlto Copley (District 9), Imelda Staunton (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix), and Juno Temple (Atonement).




My Take on the Book
This is a great book that really gives you a great look at the upcoming movie. The book was well written and engaging and my daughter and I were drawn in from beginning to end. After reading the book, my daughter and I are more excited about the movie itself. The story itself was an interesting one, it brings Maleficent into a brand new light, one that I would have never expected. After reading this though, the story made sense. I really enjoyed this book with my daughter and if you are a Disney or a Maleficent fan, you will love it too.


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: