Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - 1,000 Feelings for Which There Are No Names

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Book Review - 1,000 Feelings for Which There Are No Names

1,000 Feelings for Which There Are No Names
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
A charming, thought-provoking, hand-lettered book for fans of The Book of Awesome and Wreck This Journal

They amaze us and hurt us, bring us to tears and make us laugh, delight us and keep us up at night: feelings that we know only too well, but which have eluded the English lexicon for so long. In 1,000 Feelings for Which There Are No Names, author Mario Giordano catalogs those familiar emotions.

Perfect for cocktail parties, quiet reflection, daily inspiration, or travel entertainment, this delightful compendium is broken up into helpful sections that will fit your every mood, such as “Afternoon Feelings,” “Nerd Feelings,” “Heaven-help-me Feelings,” or the somewhat more nebulous “Tangerine Feelings.” Or try opening a page at random to help kiss writer’s block goodbye. Don’t forget to add your own feelings in the back of the book (before they get away!) and share with others.


My Take on the Book
This was a great book that really made you think about the feelings that we all have but don't have names for. I loved some of the names that the book gave for some of these feels as they would not have been ones that I would have thought of at first, but once thinking about it some more, I found that they really fit. I ended up leaving this out at a dinner party we had and encouraged people to take a look at it to see what they thought and everyone mentioned how fun the book was and I noticed that they did not just stop with one section, but they continued on looking deeper and wanting more info (always a good sign). This definitely was a book that I was glad to have read and one that I know I will be sharing with more people into the future!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: