Dad of Divas' Reviews: Game Review - Turbo: Super Stunt Squad

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Game Review - Turbo: Super Stunt Squad

Turbo: Super Stunt Squad
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad

About the Game
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad is a high-velocity action racing game featuring the super-charged crew of characters from the film. Each playable character has their own signature street style and tricked-out skills which will come in handy when showing-off and earning respect with jumps, drifts, grinds, flips, and other stunt moves.
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad

Expert skills will also prove useful to earn power-ups, customize your character, discover shortcuts, and win the race in the larger-than-life environments of Turbo.Turbo: Super Stunt Squad is a high-velocity action racing game featuring the super-charged crew of characters from the film.

Turbo: Super Stunt Squad

Each playable character has their own signature street style and tricked-out skills which will come in handy when showing-off and earning respect with jumps, drifts, grinds, flips, and other stunt moves.

Turbo: Super Stunt Squad


Expert skills will also prove useful to earn power-ups, customize your character, discover shortcuts, and win the race in the larger-than-life environments of Turbo.

Turbo: Super Stunt Squad

Key Features

  • Speed, jump, drift, grind, and flip through various levels with your favorite characters from the film including Turbo, Whiplash, Smoove Move, Skidmark, and Burn.
  • Use the environment to perform one-of-a-kind Turbo-ized stunts to get you ahead in the race.
  • Unique levels based on locations from the film let you catch speed and perform stunts in locations like the Dos Bros Taco Stand and Starlight Plaza, all from a snail's point of view.
  • Design, upgrade, and unlock highly-customizable shells and abilities for each of your favorite Turbo characters.
  • Race with up to four of your friends in a Turbo-ized race for the finish line.

Turbo: Super Stunt Squad

My Take on the Game
My daughters loved this movie and they were excited to try this as well. I was lucky to have the chance to try this game out for WII, WII U and Nintendo 3DS. In getting these I was excited to see how close the game was to the movie. In playing the three systems I have to say that there are some similarities to the movie, but also some differences, but all-in-all the graphics of the characters form the movie were great.

In playing this though I tried playing with my five year old first and then my nine year old and have to say that it was a bit challenging. My five year old on each of the systems had difficulty figuring out controls and then being able to control the character and how much they slide when racing. My nine year old fared a bit better, but it took time and practice. Even for me, I found the controls to challenging as well.

Also, when playing in tournament mode, I found it hard at times seeing where the track was going and there were times when I actually got lost a bit and had to keep going around (in circles it seemed) until I was able to find the way that I was supposed to be going. That meant though that I usually came in toward the bottom of the pack in regards to the race itself. Not that I am complaining about where I ended the race, but it would seem in my perspective that it would have made more sense to have the track better marked on all of the levels (as some were definitely better than others).

I was not as disappointed in the graphics as some that I read, but there were parts of the game that I thought could have been more defined and much deeper in overall graphic quality.

All-in-all I was a bit disappointed in the controls for the game, and wish that there had been some ability for the players to control the difficulty of the game, allowing for people at differing abilities to play too.


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: