Dad of Divas' Reviews: Blu-ray Review - Call of the Wild

Monday, December 2, 2013

Blu-ray Review - Call of the Wild

Call of the Wild
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Movie
Hollywood legend Clark Gable stars in this soaring adaptation of the celebrated Jack London novel. Jack Thornton (Gable) is a prospector who travels the Yukon in search of gold. When Jack buys Buck, a strong and loyal sled dog with part-wolf ancestry, their thrilling adventure through the Alaskan wilderness begins.



My Take on the Movie
Gable and Young did an amazing job together as a team. Gable portrays Jack Thornton perfectly in my humble opinion and exudes machismo and shows him as a true outdoorsman (at least in the movie that is). You can also see that Gable and Young had some great chemistry on screen and by looking a bit deeper you can see that they also had an affair off screen as well. I have been a fan of the Jack London novel since I was young, and this movie did the novel justice. I have seen some other more recent moviesof other attempts to remake this original and I can honestly say that none work like this did. All-in-all this was a great movie that is a must see for any movie lover!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: