Dad of Divas' Reviews: LouAna Coconut Oil Gives Food a New Twist

Friday, December 20, 2013

LouAna Coconut Oil Gives Food a New Twist

LouAna Coconut Oil
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

It's officially holiday crunch-time, so I'm sure that you are compiling your recipes and grocery lists full of your family's favorite dishes. With that in mind I gave LouAna Pure Coconut Oil a try in some holiday recipes this season to try it out for myself.

Coconut oil is popping up everywhere these days — Food & Wine even posted an article about it last week. LouAna Coconut Oil contains zero trans-fat and no cholesterol and is easy to swap in instead of butter in all your holiday recipes . To help you make the switch, LouAna has created signature recipes for wintertime favorites featuring its Pure Coconut Oil, such as Classic Pecan Pie with Pecan Nut Crust, Rustic Cranberry-Apple Cobbler, and Whole Wheat Buttermilk Biscuits.

While coconut oil is wonderful oil for baking because of its high smoke point, it's also great for sautéing veggies, or even for swirling into your morning oatmeal.

My Take on the Oil
I tried using this first in some cookies I was making, and I have to say that the nice aroma as well as the light flavor that this added to the cookies themselves was great. On top of this I loved that it had no trans fat or cholesterol which is always something that I am looking for. I also tried this while making popcorn in my Amish popcorn popper that we have. The oil gave the popcorn a lightly sweet taste and I felt after using this that I really did not need to add additional butter in any sense. So far I am very impressed with using this and with the amount of oil you get in a container, I know that I will be using this for some time as well and am looking forward to it!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: