Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Nelson's Annual Preacher's Sourcebook, Volume 3

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Book Review - Nelson's Annual Preacher's Sourcebook, Volume 3

Nelson's Annual Preacher's Sourcebook, Volume 3
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
Preach great sermons and plan innovative worship services with the newest edition of Nelson’s Annual Preacher’s Sourcebook. This volume is the same sermon planner you have come to depend on for more than ten years. Outstanding pastors provide an entire year’s worth of preaching and worship resources for every week. Look for a new volume every fall.

Features include:
Sermons, creative outlines, illustrations, and quotes for every week of the year
Worship helps, including hymns, prayers, and Scripture texts
Inspirational thoughts and preaching techniques
Sermons for special occasions and holidays



My Take on the Book
What a reference for any pastor! As a parishioner myself, I can tell you I have heard good and poor sermons. I have felt engaged by the word, and lost by the delivery of the message. This book is a great reference manual for any pastor and truly lays out some great outlines for almost any sermon that may want to be given. While I have not seen the first two versions, I was impressed by the overall layout of the book and the information that was shared within. On top of all the great things that you can read, the book also comes with a CD that allows you to not have to actually re-write the material for a sermon that you may want to give. Instead you can pull it right down yourself. The book is practical and something that I know that pastors will easily turn into a well-used resource!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: