Dad of Divas' Reviews: Blu-ray Review - BIG 25th Anniversary

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Blu-ray Review - BIG 25th Anniversary

BIG 25th Anniversary
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Movie
Two-time Oscar® Winner Tom Hanks* received his first Best Actor Nomination for his disarming turn as a 12-year-old man-child in Penny Marshall’s timeless, “hilarious” (Newsweek) delight. Tired of being a kid, Josh Baskin wishes he was big. When he wakes up the next day, he’s an adult! Now, Josh must hold down a job – and please a new boss (Robert Loggia). Tougher still, he must convince his best friend that he’s still himself, and explain to a beautiful woman (Elizabeth Perkins) who falls for him, that he’s not. Soon, Josh just wants to be a kid again, but can he? As exhilarating as it was during its acclaimed debut, the “warmhearted” (The Washington Post) Big is available as a Blu-ray + DVD combo pack!

*Actor: 1993, Philadelphia; 1994, Forrest Gump

BIG 25th Anniversary
Special Features

  • Big Extended Cut
  • Big Brainstorming Audio Documentary by Writers/Co-Producers Gary Ross and Anne Spielberg
  • Deleted Scenes, Including 5 with Intros by Director Penny Marshall
  • Big Beginnings
  • Chemistry of a Classic
  • The Work of Play
  • Hollywood Backstories: Big
  • Carnival Party Newswrap




My Take on the Movie
For me this was a movie that I moment I first saw it back 25 years ago. I was so excited to see that were finally releasing this on Blu-ray as my kids have never seen it and at least for my oldest I think it by far time for her to see it too. I always felt that this movie was one of Tom Hank's break out roles (IMHO) and he did such an amazing job at portraying himself as a big kid that you can see the child in him from the first moment that he starts and the scene in the toy store with the giant piano has to be one of my favorite that has stuck with me since I was young. The quality on this was great and I loved the additional special features provided on this. I especially enjoyed the Hollywood backstories and the deleted scenes. All-in-all this was a great movie that everyone should see and experience!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: