Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Doing The Right Thing

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Book Review - Doing The Right Thing

Doing The Right Thing
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
According to author Scott B. Rae in Doing the Right Thing, our culture is in an ethical mess because we've neglected moral training and education. This book proposes that there is such a thing as moral truth, that it can be known, and that it can be put into practice. Looking specifically at the areas of medicine, the marketplace, public life, education, and the family, Rae shows how foundational ethical principles can guide you in making moral day-to-day decisions. Informed by Scripture and calling for a renewed understanding of the importance of the Christian faith in moral training, Doing the Right Thing issues a call for cultivated virtue that can bring about both better lives and a better society. You will find yourself examining the ways in which ethical and character issues relate to your life. As a result, you will be better equipped to promote virtue in your own spheres of influence and the culture at large.



My Take on the Book
This was a powerful book that challenges readers to take the moral high road and make the choices that will aid them in not only living a better life personally but also aiding in changing in the rebuilding of morals in our society today.

While I know that there is a film series with the same name, I have yet to see them. I can say though that in reading this I was impressed and intrigued. While it is a book that you will have to work through, the information that is shared is SO important for all to read. I know that I for one would love to share this book and its' concepts to the students that I work with on a daily basis, as it really hits home many of the concepts that I want them to learn and leave their education with.

This was a great book that I know that I will be coming back to time and time again!

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: