Dad of Divas' Reviews: Mad Monster Party Combo Pack BD + DVD

Friday, August 31, 2012

Mad Monster Party Combo Pack BD + DVD

About the Movie
What better way to get in the Halloween sprit than by celebrating with a monster party? Lionsgate Home Entertainment makes Mad Monster Party available for the first time in High Definition with the release of the Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) as well as HD Digital Download and On Demand arriving just in time for the spookiest holiday of the year.. From the team who created the stop-motion and animated holiday classics “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” and “Frosty the Snowman,” Mad Monster Party stars the voice talents of Boris Karloff (Frankenstein) and Phyllis Diller (Eight on the Lam). The Blu-ray Combo Pack bonus materials include a “making of” featurette, plus two featurettes that look at the animation and the music of the film, as well as two bonus sing-along tracks. The Mad Monster Party Blu-ray Combo Pack arrives on September 4th for the suggested retail price of $14.99.

My Take on the Movie

I have been a fan of some of the older cartoons that were made with stop motion photography and around the holidays my whole family usually sits around watching Frosty or Rudolph. I was amazed to find that I had never seen this in the past so I was delighted to have an opportunity to see it before it is released and share it with my family.

The show itself was fun and I was amazed at the number of big name actors of the day that they got to be voice actors for this. The animation was a bit choppy at times, but many of the cartoons that were made in this way were. I loved the storyline and so did the kids. I can now say that for our family at least this will be a new Halloween favorite (and maybe even at other times of the year too)!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: