Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - What Your Child Needs From You: Creating a Connected Family

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Book Review - What Your Child Needs From You: Creating a Connected Family

About the Book
This is a book for busy parents who need some simple practical hints to make parenting easier. Written in a straightforward yet compelling style, and filled with stories, examples, and practical hints, What Your Child Needs From You is a must read for every parent who wants to connect - and stay connected - to their children, no matter what their age. The book discusses the most important psychological research related to parenting. In a practical manner, it describes: how parents can be more available to their children * how parents can understand their children better * how to teach their children appropriate behavior * how to connect with their children at a deep and truly meaningful level. The principles are a definitive summary of the optimal way to have happy and balanced children, and a peaceful, harmonious home life. What Your Child Needs From You is simple to read, with scientific research made accessible and understandable. The book will be useful for all families, regardless of the family structure or age of the children.

My Take on the Book
This was a very practical book that provides parents with some great ideas about what parenting should be! In reading this book I came out of it with so many ideas for what I need to be doing myself to be a better father overall and you will too! I liked that the book stressed the fact that you need to be building the bonds with your children now to stay connected with them as they get older. I am continually working to try and establish these bonds and this book provided me with some additional ideas for how best to do this! I highly recommend this book to any and all parents!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: