Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Stegosaurus: The Friendliest Dinosaur

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Book Review - Stegosaurus: The Friendliest Dinosaur

About the Book
Stegosaurus ` is one of four titles in Barron's series about a little boy who has a vivid imagination and a lot of interest in dinosaurs. In this whimsical tale, he makes friends with a Stegosaurus and discovers how this dinosaur differs from all others. At story's end, he wakes up in his bed and finds himself cuddling a stuffed toy dinosaur. His adventure has been a dream! A pair of two-page spreads at the back of the book presents realistic line art, one illustration depicting the Stegosaurus as it looked in life, and the other showing its skeleton. In this series' other three storybooks, the little boy makes friends with a Brachiosaurus, a Triceratops, and a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Funny and fanciful full-page color illustrations on all pages.

My Take on the Book
I wish I had has this book and the other books in the series when I was teaching. My students loved dinosaurs and this book would have made a truly informative addition to my library of dinosaur books.

If you have a child in your life who loves dinosaurs, and most families do, he or she will delight in this story. A little boy uses his imagination and befriends a Stegosaurus. As you read the story , it is full of facts and fun The fun involves the boy and the Stegosaurus as friends. The boy uses his imagination when he plays with the Stegosaurus . He even involves his friends.

At the end of the story you will find facts about the Stegosaurus and other dinosaurs to share with your young reader.

I believe you will agree this is a nice addition to your family library.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: