Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two is an Action-Adventure Platforming game set in the Disney themed gameworld of Wasteland. The game utilizes the same open-ended, environment-manipulating play mechanics of the original Disney Epic Mickey to create a unique experience that lets players create their own paths through game levels. The game features both Mickey Mouse and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, each with their own tools of environment manipulation. Additional features include, forgotten Disney characters and attractions, all-new levels, professional voice acting, Disney-inspired music and lyrics, and drop-in, drop-out two-player co-op support.
Unleash the Power of the Brush in a Whole New Way
Join Mickey and Oswald in an epic battle to save the magical world of Wasteland and change it forever. Interact with your favorite characters like never before in the most heroic adventure yet.
In Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, gamers will play as Mickey Mouse and for the first time ever, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Walt Disney's first cartoon star, in an all-new adventure of creativity and discovery. Created by industry luminary Warren Spector and Disney Interactive's Junction Point game development studio, Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two returns the franchise to the Wii system from Nintendo.
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two returns Mickey Mouse and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit to Wasteland, an alternate world filled with 80 years of forgotten Disney characters and theme park attractions. But for the first time, Mickey and Oswald will join forces as true partners - Mickey with his magical paint brush that wields paint and thinner, and Oswald with his powerful remote control that allows him to command electricity. This new co-op play combined with enhanced in-game physics will further enhance the idea that "PlayStyle Matters" - a unique approach to gameplay pioneered by Warren Spector where players dynamically tackle different challenges in order to explore all possibilities and storylines, but with consequences for their chosen actions.
Key Game Features
- Players can play as Oswald in drop-in, dropout 2-player co-op mode. The Power of Two will be evident as Oswald participates in Mickey's adventure every step of the way.
- All in-game characters -- most notably Oswald The Lucky Rabbit whose voice will be heard for the first time ever -- are fully voiced by the official voice actors of those characters.
- Players will experience Disney's forgotten characters and attractions in all-new levels and further explore levels from the original Disney Epic Mickey game, but now changed, impacted by world-changing events that have shaken Wasteland apart. New 2D levels based on classic Disney animated films and shorts will offer compelling puzzle-based, platforming gameplay.
- Players enjoy an original game story co-written by award-winning American comic book writer, Marv Wolfman, and Junction Point. The storyline features a variety of new and returning characters that further immerse players in Disney's rich history while adversaries familiar and new will challenge players.
- Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two is the first video game that can be described as a "musical," where at various points during the adventure characters will express themselves and advance the plot by bursting into song. All songs feature original Disney-inspired music and lyrics. Players will also hear tunes and instrumentation that change based on their personal choices, which will ultimately allow each individual to "conduct" their own unique soundtrack.
My Take on the Game
I was never able to play Epic Mickey, but I have to say that this game was so much fun. I loved the two player function in this as people had told me that they had wished to have had this in the first game. As a Disney lover, I was excited to try out this game for myself to see what all of the hype was. In playing this game I have to say that I loved the graphics and how Disney brought in the best of Mickey and Oswald into one game together. The levels that this game had were so much fun to play and my eldest daughter also loved playing this too. Not only did the game have great game play, but Disney did a great job at providing a great story along with the game itself. It took me a little while to get used to the view of the game itself, as the camera view was always a bit distant from the character itself, so it took time to understand how to work with this. My daughter who is almost nine seemed to get used to it sooner than I, but I am starting to get more used to it the more that I play the game. One of the things that I loved most about the game was that Disney has incorporated so many of the known and forgotten characters and attractions that true Disney fans (like myself) will simply love.
This is the type of game that will definitely make you come back for more and more.
This is the type of game that any Disney fan would love to have in their home and is definitely one that I would recommend to all!
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org