Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Communication Skills For Dummies

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Book Review - Communication Skills For Dummies

About the Book
The key to perfecting your communication strategy

Great communication skills can make all the difference in your personal and professional life, and expert author Elizabeth Kuhnke shares with you her top tips for successful communication in any situation.

Packed with advice on active listening, building rapport with people, verbal and non-verbal communication, communicating using modern technology, and lots more, Communication Skills For Dummies is a comprehensive communication resource no professional should be without!


  • Get ahead in the workplace
  • Use effective communication skills to secure that new job offer
  • Convince friends and family to support you on a new venture
  • Utilizing a core of simple skills, Communication Skills For Dummies will help you shine—in no time!


My Take on the Book
As someone who uses communication skills daily in his job, I am always looking for new tips about how I can better communicate with people around me to make my job easier as well as to better situate myself for the future. This book provides all of this in a short, easy to read and understand book. What I loved about this book was how practical it nature it was it how it is completely set up for the reader to aid them at every step of the way in their communication journey. Each part of the book is set up in short snippets to allow the person to be able to tackle different challenges and then move to the next, which makes the book manageable and easy to personally implement. I have read many of the "Dummies" books in the past, but have to say that personally, this has been the one that I have been able to put to daily use immediately and you will too!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: