Dad of Divas' Reviews: Blu-Ray Review - This is 40

Friday, March 8, 2013

Blu-Ray Review - This is 40

About the Movie
From the director of Knocked Up and The 40-Year-Old Virgin comes an unfiltered, comedic look inside the life of an American family. After years of marriage, Pete (Paul Rudd) and Debbie (Leslie Mann) are approaching a milestone meltdown. As they try to balance romance, careers, parents and children in their own hilarious ways, they must also figure out how to enjoy the rest of their lives. Featuring Melissa McCarthy, Jason Segel, Megan Fox, John Lithgow and Albert Brooks, This Is 40 is a candid and heartwarming comedy about the challenges and rewards of marriage and parenthood in the modern age

My Take on the Movie
This was a funny movie, especially for someone getting close to being 40. Though I cannot say that I am in any type of a midlife crisis, I can empathize with the characters that were going through such a point in their life. The best part in my perspective though about this movie was the great acting that came with the actors that attach themselves to the movie itself. You have seen most of these factors before in other films, but they really brought out their A-game you it came to this movie. In the end, you truly see the strength of the relationship that is there between the main characters, and you can see that while they have gone through a crisis, it is definitely not the end. Overall, I was truly impressed with the balance of humor and humanity which I related to throughout the film.


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: