Prepares moms for the time when their school-aged kids take their first few steps into the world and away from mama's nest.
Sending a child off to school is a whole lot more than stocking up on school supplies and packing a (somewhat) healthy lunch. This helpful guidebook walks Christian moms through:
- discovering a long-term vision for the person that Christ has purposed for your child to become
- instilling a sense of "who I am and where I came from" in your child
- choosing a school for your kids
- helping your kids to develop key attributes—courage, kindness, perseverance—that lead to success in school
- dealing with teachers, sports, and lessons
- navigating those difficult conversations that will come sooner rather than later
- a special feature includes sidebars "From the Principal's Office" with insights from a 35-year elementary school principal and educator
- Moms will learn how to cover their children in prayer so that their launch into the world, and away from her control, is done with grace and wisdom—helping them grow into the men and women God intended them to be.
My Take on the Book
I had not read any of the books in the series before, but in reading this I have to say that I loved the topics and how honest and practical the advice that the author gives. I saw one other review that mentioned that there were some concerns regarding the credibility of the author. I thought the advice that she gave was sound but there were a few points where you could tell that she had not yet experienced or explored the area as much as in others. Though I say this, the ideas that she provided were valuable and I found some new ones that I have already started to implement myself. The book looks at both heavy and light-hearted topics and gives parents resources to maneuver through them all. Any parent will gather valuable insights from this book that they can put to good use right away which is part of the power of this book!
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org