Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - VeggieTales - The Little House That Stood

Friday, March 1, 2013

DVD Review - VeggieTales - The Little House That Stood

About the Movie
When The Three Pigs roll into town looking to build some new houses, they meet one builder with a plan and two without a clue! Larry builds with hay, Mr. Lunt builds with bricks, but only Bob builds his houses on a firm foundation - following the wise plans from the "Master Builder's Handbook!" Each pig has very particular ideas about what they want for their houses, but will their choices be good ones when the rains come tumblin' down? Find out in this pig's tale that shows kids that when we follow God's blueprints, we can make the right choices! PLUS: Ever wonder what happened before Humpty cracked? Humpty (Bob the Tomato) is the mayor of Gooseville, a quiet little town filled with a bunch of lively characters! From Jack & Jill's missing crayons, to the Three Bears' lawn problems, all the way to Little Bo Peep's lost sheep, Mayor Humpty is literally driven up the wall with this pickled pack of problems! Now far away from the gripes and complaints of his neighbors, Humpty declares "with all these neighbors in need, I'm better helping just me!" Will all the town's heroines and all the town's men help bring Humpty to his senses again?

Website: http://veggietales.com/littlehouse/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/veggietales
Twitter: https://twitter.com/veggietales



My Take on the Movie
My family are big fans of VeggieTales and have been for the past few years and as a parent I have no qualms with this as the messages that these DVD's offer are exactly what I want my children to learn about both from me and from the things that they see on television. Put on top of this fun and interactive characters as well as music that won't get out of your head and you have a great combination! This DVD is another great addition to the VeggieTales line of shows. I loved the characters and the messages that again were being shared. My kids have already been asking me to watch this over and over again and I have been recommending it to other families in our church. This DVD also has some fun with characters that the kids have known for a long time (from nursery rhymes) and brings that out with a spiritual twist which was a great connection in my perspective! All-in-all this was a great DVD for the whole family that I would highly recommend!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: