Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The Last Academy

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Book Review - The Last Academy

About the Book
Curtis Sittenfeld's Prep meets The Sixth Sense in this spine-tingling, unforgettable debut.

Camden Fisher arrives at boarding school haunted by a falling-out with her best friend back home. But the manicured grounds of Lethe Academy are like nothing Cam has ever known. There are gorgeous, preppy boys wielding tennis rackets, and circles of girls with secrets to spare. Only . . . something is not quite right. One of Cam's new friends mysteriously disappears, but the teachers don't seem too concerned. Cam wakes up to strangers in her room, who then melt into the night. She is suddenly plagued by odd memories, and senses there might be something dark and terrible brewing. But what? The answer will leave Cam — and readers — stunned and breathless, in this thrilling debut novel.

My Take on the Book
For a first novel, I was quite impressed. This was a well written novel that kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. It was a fast read and the author did a great job at developing the characters and building suspense from the very beginning and holding you until the end. There are some definite twists and turns within the book and some strange occurrences that will leave you guessing, but in the end this book is a well written novel that I was very impressed with. I for one will be a person that will definitely be looking for this author's next book!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: