Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - This Place is Cold

Friday, March 15, 2013

Book Review - This Place is Cold

About the Book
Can you imaging living in a place where it's so cold your breath turns instantly into tiny ice crystals that glitter in the sun? Where temperatures can drop fifty degrees below zero and even lower and the sun only comes out for a few hours per day? In This Place Is Cold readers will learn how people and animals survive in Alaska's ferocious cold, and how because of global warming this region is now in trouble. Vicki Cobb and Barbara Lavallee travelled the world together to research this groundbreaking geography series, that is now updated and redesigned to appeal to today's readers.

My Take on the Book
While I have never been to Alaska as of yet, this book makes you feel like you are there and you learn so much while you are reading it. The book is filled with wonderful images that draw you in and make you want to come back day after day. My girls loved the story and have asked me multiple times to come back and read this again. I found that the book really spurs question asking as well as after we have read this, my daughters started in on asking a number of questions about Alaska (which I think is part of the joy of this book).

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: