Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - When Donkeys Talk

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Book Review - When Donkeys Talk


About the Book
Tired of church as you’ve known it? Thirsty for a fresh look at Christian faith?

American singer/songwriter and author Tyler Blanski was, too. So he set out on a Holy Pilgrimage to rediscover the saints, stars, and beauty of Christianity for the twenty-first century. Rich with deep application for living in the modern world, When Donkeys Talk is an invitation to become enchanted again with Christ and his world.

Tyler reminds us that God works in unexpected, unusual, and miraculous ways and that he inhabits and speaks through the wondrous world he has made. Blanski redefines “magical” to help us see that the world is guided by a hand greater than science and materialism. Using scripture, the wisdom of the church fathers, and respected theologians and Christian thinkers from centuries past, as well as a creative and humorous narrative, you will find the wonder of our ancient faith still alive and well.

My Take on the Book
This book takes a refreshing look at church and what church should be. I know hat for me it made me re-think the way in which I want to experience God and how I want to celebrate God on a daily and weekly basis. This is the type of book that I plan to share with my pastor now that I am done with it, as I think it can open his eyes to attracting a younger audience to our church (which is always an issue these days it seems). I was amazed at how fast of a read the book was and how much I gained from it in the short time it took to get through it. For me, I may even read this a second time to take even more of the book in. Overall though this book is a must read for anyone looking to better self-conceptualize church today!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: