Dad of Divas' Reviews: My Mobile Mishap Story

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Mobile Mishap Story

asurion, applications for mobile, mobile application, mobile applications, mobile app, mobile apps, phone app, phone apps, malware, spyware, security app, security apps, secure browsing, safe browsing, phone locator, find my phone, locate phone, lock phon

Have you ever had a mobile mishap, I know that I have! for me my mishap looked very much like what you see above. It was a normal day and I was walking by a lake near our home when I received a phone call. I decided to pick up the call and was talking for a bit, when one of my daughters came from behind me and ran into me. Needless to say I was startled as she gave me a bit of a jolt and I dropped the phone. I tried to grab it while it fell, but gravity got the best of me. Unfortunately, instead of falling only on the dock, it fell in about 2 feet of water. I fished it out as soon as I could, but the damage was done, and unfortunately I did not have coverage like what Asurion provides on the phone as I did not think I would need it (I was wrong). I looked into Asurion and was surprised to find out all that I did about it, and the price was quite reasonable in the scheme of things. If you are looking for mobile protection, I encourage you to check it out for yourself!



Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Asurion.

About Assurion

Stats and Facts

  • Asurion reports that 60,000,0000 people in North America will lose, damage or have their phone stolen this year. That is over 164,000 per day or 114 every minute or nearly 2 every second. 
  • According to mobile device technology protection expert Asurion, 50 percent of loss, thef or damage claims occur within the first 6 months of activating a new phone. That number jumps to 80 percent within the first 12months.
  • People don’t often understand that if your mobile phone is lost, stolen or damaged, without insurance you’ll have to pay full retail price to replace that mobile device. In the case of an iPhone4S, that can cost more than $700.
  • Best and easiest way to have peace of mind and to protect your phone is to purchase insurance from your wireless carrier when buying your phone or within 30 days of activation.
  • According to a recent Asurion survey, 50 percent of parents said they have at least one child at home under 17 who uses a mobile phone for personal use, and nearly 30 percent of those required a replacement in the last year due to handset loss, theft, damage or malfunction.
  • Savvy parents and guardians are putting their desire to stay in touch with their children well above their own needs, with 36 percent purchasing cell phone insurance for their children's phones, as compared to 26 percent of those who have protection on their own phones, according to Asurion.
  • Understandably, people are eager to start using new mobile devices just as soon as they get them, but with more than 60 million phones lost, stolen or damaged each year, purchasing phone protection during the first 30 days of device use should be a priority. After that, the only chance to buy the carrier-supported insurance would be during an “open enrollment” period, and you never know when those might come along. 
Protection Tips 
Asurion offers these easy summer tips to help minimize the damage to children's phones this summer:

  • A good case or silicone protector can help protect the back and sides against scratches and provide some impact protection.
  • A transparent film screen protector can prevent the screen from scratching and can also help remove glare.
  • A growing number of waterproof cases are on the market designed to protect phones when submerged in water for a limited amount of time.
  • Purchase cell phone insurance to protect your investment and stay connected with children. Many wireless carriers now offer Asurion’s downloadable application that can remotely locate, lock or wipe a phone, along with the insurance coverage.

Content and/or other value provided by my partner, Asurion.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

1 comment:

Zodiac Solution said...

Hi, very nice post thanks for the posting.