Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Emmalou Tuggle Beats Her Fear

Friday, July 27, 2012

Book Review - Emmalou Tuggle Beats Her Fear

About the Book 
Matt Parrott, author of several children’s books including Seeing More Clearly and Daniel in the Dark, is an advocate for parents taking the time to acknowledge their children’s feelings and help them work through their fears, both big and small. Promoting family togetherness and support, Parrott writes the next book in the series, Emmalou Tuggle Beats Her Fear. Parrott’s new book tells the story of the spunky, redheaded Emmalou who wears her favorite rain boots in the tub so she won’t get stuck while taking a bath. Emmalou’s creative solution to her fear of bath time will show children that there are fun ways to overcome their fears, and will encourage parents to help their children find these alternative solutions.

My Take on the Book
This was a nice story that shows the fear that one girl can have and how she surpasses this fear with the help of her mother. The author did a great job at putting forth the fear and helping other children that may have similar fears with dealing with this in a similar fashion. For any child that has experiences a fear in the past, they will enjoy this book!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just acquired a copy of this little gem. My daughter immediately picked it up and started reading it. Interestingly, my daughter shared quite a bit of dialogue with me regarding the subject matter. It is a rather smartly written little book. I am glad to have been able to add it to my daughter's literature collection.