Dad of Divas' Reviews: Audiobook Review - O's Little Book of Happiness

Friday, April 3, 2015

Audiobook Review - O's Little Book of Happiness

O's Little Book of Happiness

 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg


About the Book
With a sprightly dose of insightful inspiration, a sprinkling of practical advice, and a bounty of exuberant stories by great writers, O's Little Book of Happiness features some of the best work ever to have appeared in O, The Oprah Magazine. Inside you'll find Elizabeth Gilbert's ode to the triumph of asking for what you want, Jane Smiley's tribute to the animal who taught her about lasting fulfillment, Roxane Gay's sure-fire cure for complaining, Brené Brown's celebration of the powers of play, Neil deGrasse Tyson's take on the joyful participation in the universe, and much more. Revisiting fifteen years of the magazine's rich archives, O's editors have assembled a collection as stunning as it is spirit-lifting.

Each month, O, The Oprah Magazine helps readers live their best lives, serving up information and inspiration on everything from lasting love to luscious food. With a signature blend of candor and humor, fresh advice and timeless wisdom, the magazine offers people the tools they need to, as Oprah Winfrey says, "become more of who they are" - to love themselves more deeply, to look hopefully toward the future, and to leap wholeheartedly into the adventure of being alive.




My Take on the Book
This audiobook has so much more than I would have first thought. There is such variety in general in content that was thought provoking as well as inspiring and it is presented in a way that, at least for me, I was inspired and encouraged to do more and to be more. This audio book was something that let me think deeper about my own journey as well as about my relationships with others. I also was able to think about the future and where I want to see myself going personally and professionally. This was the perfect audiobook for me at this point in my life as I am reassessing my priorities and seeing where I want to focus next. If you love audiobooks, you MUST check this out!



----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: