Dad of Divas' Reviews: The Gerber Ultralight Knife Gets The Job Done!

Friday, May 23, 2014

The Gerber Ultralight Knife Gets The Job Done!

Gerber Ultralight Knife


 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg


Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

About the Knife
Have you been looking for the perfect pocket knife? Well, your problem is now solved. This light weight, highly portable Gerber knife is a terrific blend of sharpness, strength, cutting ability, and is perfect for day to day use. It fits in your pocket so well you will forget you are carrying it, until it comes in handy at the perfect moment!

Now here's a knife with some mighty impressive roots. It was brought to market back in 1980 by none other than the man whose last name goes on each of our products. Pete Gerber was the first knife creator to envision the merits of using all-synthetic materials in the handle. He and knife designer Blackie Collins aimed to deliver lightweight performance that had not been seen before in a knife this all-out rugged.

The Gerber L.S.T. is the smoothest of operators. With a mechanical action that just feels good and satisfying when you open and close the blade, which happens to be made of 400 series stainless steel.

But lets get back to the topic of lightweight performance. The heaviest of the four legendary L.S.T. models musters a mere 1.2 ounces on the scales. Yet, when you feel that easy grip, there's no question that Pete Gerber's big idea is one for the ages.



My Take on the Knife
If you are the type of person that is on the go, an outdoorsman, or simply someone that likes to have a versitile knife that can be used for just about anything, this knife is definitely the one to have. I was so amazed at first how light the knife was. This knife is light as a feather and compact so it can be taken anywhere. That being said though the knife also is very sharp and made with high grade steel, so it can be used on many tasks.

The knife opens and closes with ease and has a design that just works. It molds to the contour of your hand which makes carrying it that much easier as well.

I tried this on a piece of wood that I found on a recent hike and this knife worked well with whittling it into the form that I was hoping for.

I was very impressed thus far and I am looking forward to keeping this with me as a great tool for the foreseeable future!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: