Dad of Divas' Reviews: Cooking is Easy With The Ozeri Green Earth Textured Ceramic Nonstick Pan

Friday, May 23, 2014

Cooking is Easy With The Ozeri Green Earth Textured Ceramic Nonstick Pan

Ozeri Green Earth Textured Ceramic Nonstick Pan
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

About the Pan
Utilizing GREBLON -- an ultra-safe ceramic coating from Germany, the Green Earth Pan by Ozeri is one of the world's first frying pans to achieve non-stick perfection while remaining absolutely free of PTFE, PFOA and other harmful chemicals.
Ozeri Green Earth Textured Ceramic Nonstick Pan

Conventional cookware and other ceramic cookware brands achieve their non-stick performance through a coating of PTFE (PolyTetraFluoroEthylene), a synthetic substance that has waxy properties. At very high temperatures, PTFE begins to decompose and release fumes which are documented to be lethal to birds and small pets, and which can be harmful to humans. In addition, traditional pans incorporating PTFE are often manufactured with the aid of PFOA (PerFluoroOctanoic Acid), which the EPA has classified as a 'persistent pollutant of the environment'.
Ozeri Green Earth Textured Ceramic Nonstick Pan

With the Green Earth Pan's GREBLON ceramic from Germany, even under high temperatures, no harmful toxic fumes are ever released into the environment. This is because the Green Earth Pan utilizes a 100% ceramic coating inspired by nature - not a laboratory. The Green Earth Pan's ceramic coating is completely free of PTFE and PFOA, and far more durable and scratch-resistant than other non-stick surfaces. With better non-stick properties, the Green Earth Pan allows you to saute, fry, bake, boil and braise with as little as half the amount of oil normally used, and cleaning is a breeze.

Ozeri Green Earth Textured Ceramic Nonstick Pan

The Green Earth Pan by Ozeri is made of the highest quality die-cast aluminum that allows for even cooking and fantastic browning without hot spots. It boasts a magnetized bottom for rapid heat transfer on induction stoves, and a heat resistant silicone coated handle. This version of the Green Earth Pan features a textured ceramic cooking surface. The elevations of the textured cooking surface create air pockets which distribute heat underneath food to enhance cooking performance.

My Take on the Pan
I love to cook! Yes, I said it, a man, who loves to cook. With that in mind I am looking for high quality pans that help me to create dishes that my family will love without a ton of mess to clean up afterward. I also am looking for a pan that is safe for my family and does not leave any chemicals behind that my family will be impacted by. This pan gave me the best of all of this. Not only is it made in such a way that it is safe for my family, but it cooks so evenly, better than almost any other pan that I have. I loved the silicone handle on this too, as it gave me a perfect grip for the pan and did not transfer the heat from the pan to my hand in any way.

I did not know how I would feel about the color of the pan, as it really is that green, but I found once cooking with it that the actual color was not an issue, and actually it made identifying the pan amongst the other pans that I have even easier.

All-in-all I have been very impressed with this pan thus far. The only thing I hope for is that in the future that there will be larger pans available too!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: