Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Be the Dad She Needs You to Be

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Book Review - Be the Dad She Needs You to Be

 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
A call to dads to step up to the plate to become the loving, actively engaged father that a daughter needs for life and relational success.

The relationship that matters most to your daughter isn't the one with her mother-it's the one with you, Dad. Her self-esteem, choices, behavior, character, and even her ideas about or choice of a marriage partner are all directly tied to you, as the most important representative to her of the male species.

In Be the Dad She Needs You to Be Dr. Kevin Leman, internationally-known psychologist, New York Times best-selling author, and father of four daughters, will show you not only how to get the fathering job done and done well, but also how to:


  • Make each daughter feel unique, special, and valued
  • Discipline the right way . . . when it's needed
  • Talk turkey about what guys are really thinking
  • Keep the critical eye at bay
  • Wave the truce flag when females turn your family room into a battleground
  • Set your daughter up for life and relational success


With some effort on your part (and very few dollars), you can gain the kind of relationship you dream of with your daughter-one based on mutual love and respect. The simple yet profound suggestions will transform you into the kind of man your daughter needs . . . for a lifetime.


My Take on the Book
As a father of two girls I am always concerned to how I am parenting my girls. As someone who was an only child growing up my children really did not come with any instruction manuals per se, so it has been a lot of trial and error that I have followed to try and be the best dad that I can be. This book is a great resource for any father of girls and gives you some amazing ideas and opens your mind to new ways to develop and cultivate a relationship with your girls that I know that I want to have with my girls. This was a great book that is down-to-earth and easy to read and is a book that I wish that I had about nine years ago when my first daughter was born as it really is a great road map for any new dad. That being said it is never too late to start on a new path!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would this book be beneficial to a dad that has 3 grown daughters with families of their own? I do not have the kind of relationship with my dad that I have always wanted. My other sister wants a better relationship too.