Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Kingdom Keepers VII: The Insider

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Book Review - Kingdom Keepers VII: The Insider

 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
The Kingdom Keepers' senior year in high school is almost over. For more than three years, things have been quiet. Their battles are long behind them, they agree, the threat to the Disney realm silenced albeit at great cost. But inside the catacombs of the Aztec temple where Finn Whitman faced down his nemesis, the monstrous Chernabog, a new threat brews.

Deception and betrayal rock the Kingdom Keepers as the merciless group of Disney villains known as the Overtakers stage an unexpected comeback. But a discovery by the Keepers provides them with one hope of victory-a lost icon. It was believed to be gone forever. The Keepers have one last chance to preserve the heart of the Kingdom-Disneyland-from a terrifying destruction decades in the making.



My Take on the Book
I have to be honest and say that I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the Kingdom Keeper books! Yes, while the books may be geared to the teenage audience, I am an adult and I thought they were awesome. In this book which is claimed to be the final in the series (though some would say that the ending still leaves openings for another series to come), you get a strong story that engages you from the very beginning and you get entranced by the action and adventure that the Kingdom Keepers are called into as the book continues. I found myself reading more and more, not wanting to stop, and even though the book was long, it did not seem that way while I was reading the book itself.

One different component of this book that I thought was compelling was the fact that the author incorporated story elements from fans that wrote for a contest they were having in preparation for this book. This was a great new twist to the writing and the author did a great job at weaving these together with his own writing.

All-in-all this was a great ending to the saga and I for one hope that this is not the end, but only the beginning to something larger.


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: