Dad of Divas' Reviews: SwimZip Offers Style and Great Sun Protection for Young Kids

Friday, October 21, 2011

SwimZip Offers Style and Great Sun Protection for Young Kids

About the Swimsuit
SwimZip is an easy-on, easy-off UV 50+ protective swim shirt for children. The full front zipper and sewn in protective collar make changing little ones a breeze. The no-pinch zipper flap, tagless neck, and flat seams makes wearing the swimwear comfy! SwimZip's material is chlorine resistant too! Our swimwear protects young children from harmful UV rays.

I asked the owner where this idea came from and she shared the following:

Why did you start SwimZip?
I was diagnosed with skin cancer at the age of 26. Growing up in Kansas I spent countless hours swimming at the lake, running around at soccer tournaments in the dead of summer, and sunbathing until I burned. Doctors are finding 90% of all cancerous sun exposure happens before a person turns 18 years old. I wish I would have listened to my Mom back then and lathered up with sunscreen; if I could go back in time, I would. Since being diagnosed with skin cancer I have made it a priority to educate children and parents about the dangers of UV rays. SwimZip perfectly blends my loves of fashion, function, health, and kids. From someone who knows firsthand the dangers of too much sun exposure: "Please keep your children protected from the sun!"

My #1 goal is to keep children safe from the sun by getting a SwimZip into every child's household around the world!

SwimZip Founder,
Betsy Johnson

My Take on the Swimsuit
I decided to share with you my thoughts on this in a video, hope that you enjoy!




All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This product looks wonderful - what are the sizes?!

And the zipper is priceless, I fight my 2 year old with putting on her swim shirt and if it really does unzip all the way I have to own one (even in the middle of winter)!

Thank you Dad of Divias

- Susan

Dad of Divas said...

Size wise they go up to a 5T