· Dress for the paparazzi: Fabulous people have serious flair–and killer style. Stick with the basics as you’re starting out. Repeat after me: white button-down, grey cardigan, a great rain coat and accessories, accessories, accessories.
- E-mail like a pro: Each should have a grabbing subject, a warm greeting, the meaty point of the e-mail and a concluding sentence. Be concise and clear.
- Spell-Check is king: Anything you write, from an e-mail to a tweet, should be proofread. No excuses.
- Know something: Read the paper–always have a conversation-starter in your pocket.
- Manners matter: Handwritten thank-you notes never go out of style and are rarely forgotten.
- Banish “whatever”: Everything matters. Yoga pants to anything other than yoga class? What if you meet your future employer while you’re out?
- Be Real: Be professional. Be polite. Apologize when you’ve made a faux pas, don’t act like nothing happened.
- Be proactive, not reactive: Don’t assume everyone at a meeting knows each other–make introductions and render yourself impossible to forget!
In her latest book, THE ESSENTIALS OF FABULOUS, Ellen guides readers through the most important aspects of professionalism that are sure to keep you at the forefront of an interviewer’s mind, from handwritten thank-you notes to the wardrobe basics that are classically appropriate in any business setting. Lubin-Sherman directs readers back to the basics in ten (plus one) steps that are fresh, far-reaching and fundamental to success. Featured in Forbes.com’s “Work In Progress” blog; THE ESSENTIALS OF FABULOUS is the blueprint for navigating today’s business world.
My Take on the Book
In a world that is becoming ever more difficult to maneuver within, especially when it comes to the job market, we all need to show our own fabulous sides to set ourselves apart from others. This book helps with this! No matter what situation you are in the author has done a great job at sharing some amazing tips regarding manners, style and your own flare to situations to help you to truly shine! While the book did seem to be geared more toward the female audience, it was still an engaging read and I could see many who would truly appreciate all of the tips, ideas and her style of writing that would help all to bring out their own fabulous selves!
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org