Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Redwood to Deadwood

Monday, October 10, 2011

Book Review - Redwood to Deadwood

About the Book
"Before I tucked my thumb in for the final time, I’d almost get murdered, run with wild horses, visit a pot plantation, get into crazy family feuds with my own and other families, restart my business, ride in cop cars, hunt big game, poach big game, get chased by a helicopter, reconnect with old friends, make new ones, get tired and exhilarated and lost and found and scorned and accepted, kicked out and invited in.

That and a lot more. I now know how to cook muskrat, squirrel and rochchuks."

Hitchhiking stories along with rules of the road for those thinking about taking their own adventure.


My Take on the Book
I was always told to never hitchhike. You hear the horror stories of people getting hurt, robbed or even killed by doing this. The author of this book, though he is in his 50's, decided to take this on and take a three month jaunt into this territory and share his experiences with his readers and what do you get? You get a book that is filled with funny descriptive tales that sometimes seem to defy imagination. The author uses rich description that draws you into the story and makes you wish that you were on the trip too. He also dispells the myth about hitchhiking (at least somewhat) for the reader. The only thing that I think could be different is if Flaherty was a woman and I would be interested to hear his thoughts on how safe it is for women to be hitching around the US like he did...

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: