Dad of Divas' Reviews: Audiobook Review - The School for Scandal

Friday, October 14, 2011

Audiobook Review - The School for Scandal

About the Audiobook
Beware the gossips! Lady Sneerwell and her hireling Snake are certainly up to no good in this timeless send-up of hypocritical manners. Thanks to their scandal-mongering, the comely Lady Teazle must fend off the slanderous barbs that have caught the ear of her elderly husband - as well as every other gossip in London! What follows is a torrent of mistaken identities and sex-crazed scheming in which the upper classes have never looked so low class.

Includes an interview with Michael Hackett, the Chair of the Department of Theater in the School of Theater, Film and Television at the University of California-Los Angeles.



Cast:
Stuart Bunce as Charles Surface
Jane Carr as Mrs. Candour
John H. Francis as Rowley/Others
Henri Lubatti as Snake/Moses/Others
Christopher Neame as Sir Oliver Surface
Moira Quirk as Maria/Maid
Julian Sands as Joseph Surface
Susan Sullivan as Lady Sneerwell
Tara Summers as Lady Teazle
Simon Templeman as Sir Peter Teazle
James Warwick as Crabtree/Others
Matthew Wolf as Sir Benjamin Backbite

Find out more here - http://www.latw.org/audio/titles/school-for-scandal.html

My Take on the Audiobook
This was a great performance of the play. I did not know how I would like an audio recording of the play itself, but it was quite enjoyable and funny. I could easily close my eyes and re-create the scenes in my mind and found myself laughing along with the audience as well. I was very impressed by not only the acting, but also by the fact that after listening to this I looked and found that L.A. Theatre Works has many of these such performances that I can enjoy in the future as well! Great acting, laughter, intrigue and suspense ensues when you listen to this great recording!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: