Dad of Divas' Reviews

Tuesday, July 5, 2011


In the battle of the bulge, adults have heart rate monitors, foot pods, GPS trackers and other tech toys to help us keep track of our fitness levels and, more importantly, to keep us motivated. But, what about our kids? How do we get them motivated to be outside? One answer is a kid-specific pedometer with incentives.

According to First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Movewebsite, “Over the past three decades, childhood obesity rates in America have tripled, and today, nearly one in three children in America are overweight or obese.” With eight to 18 year olds spending an average of 7.5 hours per day using entertainment media, it’s very important to get children exercising.  

GeoPalz are pedometers specifically designed for children ages five and older that are hip-mounted. GeoPalz motivates children to be active by converting their steps into points for redemption of free activity-based products, sports equipment and outdoor toys at the GeoPalz website. There are 24 different designs from princesses to skull & guitars.

GeoPalz Kids’ Pedometer
Description: GeoPalz 2D Pendulum Pedometer
Features: Reset Button and Step Tracker
Materials: Casing material – ABS with rubber coating, Outer material – Phthalate-free PVC (All materials are CPSIA compliant)
Product MSRP: $19.99




My Take on the Product
I have to say that when I received this I was impressed. I enjoy being active and having my kids do the same, and this product is a fun way to track the steps that you take. What I loved most about this was the fact that this helps me to have the kids see the importance of being active. My eldest tried it for a week and she kept coming and showing me her steps and we kept track of them in a book. Now she says she is going to continue doing this into the future, so we'll see!

If you are looking for a fun way to help kids to see and realize the importance of healthy living, this is a great, fun way to do this for an inexpensive price!


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: