Dad of Divas' Reviews: Hammerhead iPad 2 Hard Shell Case

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hammerhead iPad 2 Hard Shell Case

About the Product
Many things are uncertain on vacation -- your flight schedule, the weather, if the water is safe to drink. So, for this summer's vacation, make sure to pack one thing you can rely on: a Hammerhead iPad 2 Hard Shell Case (MSRP, $39.99 USD).

The Hammerhead iPad 2 Hard Shell Case will keep your iPad 2 safe from harm, no matter where your travels take you. Now you can be worry free as you use your iPad 2 to bring along your favorite reading to the beach, to look up recipes at the BBQ and search for restaurants near your hotel. The Hammerhead Hard Shell Case's unique polymer cover protects both the front and back of your iPad 2 -- giving you the all-around protection your device needs when you're on the go.

Weighing only 8.3 oz., the Hammerhead iPad 2 Hard Shell Case is lightweight and thin. With a water-resistant cover, you can enjoy some extra protection poolside. Installation is simple -- simply insert the iPad and close with a "click" and you're ready to go. You'll save battery life as well: the case's cover automatically wakes & sleeps the iPad 2 display.

"The iPad 2 is a perfect vacation companion, but most cases fail to give you the protection your device needs," said Don Mayer, CEO of Hammerhead. "With the Hammerhead iPad 2 Case, you can rest assured that your iPad 2 can handle the rigors of travel -- letting you focus on the important parts of your vacation -- relaxing and having fun."

Available in 10 stylish colors, this durable case also allows the iPad 2 to sit in four convenient positions. The Hammerhead iPad 2 Hard Shell Case is currently available on Amazon.com, through the Hammerhead website and in Small Dog Electronics' stores and other retail outlets nationwide. Colors include red, black, white, navy, gray, orange, blue, tan, pink and green.

Like Hammerhead on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hammerheadcase

Follow Hammerhead on Twitter at @HammerheadCase

My Take on The Product
The IPad 2 can be a bit delicate and for the money you pay when you buy one you want to make sure that it is safe, as you do not want hundreds of dollars down the tube. The cover that Apple provides is fine for light use and as long as you are careful your IPad will be fine, but if you get into any hard use issues or if you are traveling with your IPad, I highly recommend looking for a hard shell case
What is great about these cases is that the design of them makes it easy to simply slide in your IPad and lock it into place. At the same time the fold on the case provides you with a nice incline to be able to type a message or play a game. You can also use it the opposite way and it can become a movie screen as well for the latest movies you download to watch on the fly! 
This case covers the entire I{ad without blocking anything that you would need to get to, so there is no reason that you would have to continue to get the IPad out of the case to adjust things like volume or even to use the camera which was a nice add-on if I do say so myself!

I was able to check out the basic black case and it is sleek and stylish, but if black is not your color you can easily find another amongst the nine that they have! The one thing I notice with the black though is that it does tend to show fingerprints. I do not know whether this is the case on the other colors, but black does show this (Just something to keep in mind).

Overall, I really liked this new case, it was very light, relatively inexpensive and provides with the peace of mind that your IPad is safer than in some of the lighter weight cases that you can find on the market. I highly recommend this to all!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought this case and after a couple of months of use (and I'm pretty careful with my equipment) 3 of the 4 corners have chips in them and the clasp has broken. Also I got one for my partner and the iPad does nit sit properly in the case. The rest of the design is really good, especially the hinge which allows it to lie flat. I am disappointed

Dad of Divas said...

I haven't had that situation, but it is always good to hear varying opinions!

Anonymous said...

I've had my case for just over a month and the clasp broke. When I went back to the store, I was told it was a "known problem".