Unravel the Mystery
The seek-and-solve fun of the Mystery Case Files™ series makes its first appearance on the Wii™ system with the Mystery Case Files™: The Malgrave Incident™ game. Players must unravel the mystery behind the enigmatic Malgrave Island by using the Wii Remote™ controller to search for clues, solve puzzles and find cleverly concealed items in multilayered hidden-object scenes. The game’s puzzle-based fun is enhanced by a captivating storyline and new multiplayer modes that allow up to four friends to test their sleuthing skills together.
- For the first time in the Mystery Case Files series, hidden-object scenes have three visual layers, requiring players to zoom and scroll to find certain objects using the Wii Remote controller. Each hidden-object scene contains an inventory item that will help players access new areas, solve other puzzles and unravel the mysteries of Malgrave Island. In addition to puzzles, players will encounter hidden collectible items that can unlock bonus stories.
- To aid players in locating hard-to-find items, a hint button in the form of an on-screen magnifying glass can be used to highlight the area surrounding certain objects.
- Three competitive multiplayer modes can be played with up to four players. Each multiplayer match consists of three rounds. Players can choose options such as each player’s skill level and select a hidden-object scene for each round. Multiplayer games include Swift Pick (players compete to find hidden objects first), Tick Tick Pick (players must find hidden objects and pass the bomb before it explodes) and Classic Pick (players race to find the greatest number of hidden objects). Additional controllers are required for multiplayer modes and are sold separately.
- In Adventure Mode, up to four people can play cooperatively to solve the multilayered hidden-object scenes. The main player controls the camera and additional players can join in on the adventure at any time during normal game play.
- A gripping storyline will keep players engaged as they progress through the game’s puzzle-based challenges. Legend has it that a strange dust found on Malgrave Island has the power to cure any illness. As players collect the dust, they also unearth the island’s many mysteries and raise questions about a wealthy industrialist with a secretive past.
My Take on the Game
My family loves mysteries! With that in mind I was intrigued to see what this game was all about. I had never heard of the Mystery Case Files series in the past, but as the name suggests this game puts you in the shoes of the master detective working to solve the mystery!
While this game is not the action packed adventure, what you do get is fun and engaging. The game itself makes you think and to use your eyes as you are going through the game. It provides you with many fun puzzles that you have to solve to collect clues towards solving the mystery itself. You do have to be patient and take your time to find the clues, it is not the fast paced game that some others might be. That being said though it is a ton of fun and you are definitely going to enjoy it!
The game designers also did a good job at keeping the secret of the game and not tipping their hands on the end result in the game.Whether you are playing by yourself, or even better as a multi-player game you will have a blast in this game.
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org