HP offers a variety of high-performance technology at a great value to enhance the scholastic experience and give students the freedom to learn and study from virtually anywhere.
To help students stay in step with the latest trends in education and learning while on the go, HP is offering several special promotions. Plus, the HP Academy program offers eligible students and teachers savings of up to 15 percent on the latest consumer products.
HP ePrint(1), notebook PCs ideal for the multitasking student
HP has two powerful notebook PCs and a printing solution to help students tackle any task the school year has in store – from the hardest mathematical equations to creative class projects.
The HP Pavilion dv6 is an entertainment powerhouse with the right amount of screen real estate at a great value. Movies look crisp on the notebook’s vivid 15.6-inch diagonal high-definition (HD)(2) Bright View LED display, and music sounds the way the artist intended with Beats Audio™ technology and optimized on-board quad speakers. The HP Pavilion dv6 is available now at www.hpdirect.com and starts at $699.99.(3)
The HP Pavilion dm4 features etched metal finishes, the power of second-generation Intel® Core™ processors and HP CoolSense technology in an ultrathin design. It’s the ideal balance of design, portability and performance. The HP Pavilion dm4 is available now at www.hpdirect.com and starts at $749.99.(3)
HP understands the lives of students are hectic and that sometimes homework doesn’t just get done at home. With HP ePrint,(1) students can work from a friend’s dorm room, the library or even from their smartphone and print directly to their HP ePrint-enabled printer. With ePrint, an HP printer has its own email address that can be customized and shared with family, friends and classmates. HP ePrint is available on any HP printer starting at $79.(1,3)
HP solutions for every student, family and budget
From busy scholars on a budget to the family that plays and learns together, HP has a computing solution to satisfy the needs of every student – available now at www.hpdirect.com.
The Savvy Spender
Students most often have to couple a busy school and social life with a tight budget. The following HP products are ideal for those who demand all the essentials at a great value.
- HP Pavilion g6 offers reliable performance in a variety of stylish colors. Featuring a 15.6-inch HD(2) BrightView LED display with Altec Lansing speakers and SRS Premium Audio, the Pavilion g6 is ideal for enjoying movies and music. It starts at $529.99.(3)
- HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer handles all print jobs from lab-quality photos and documents to web content with ease. Choose original HP 60XL cartridges for consistent, high-quality results. The Photosmart e-All-in-One starts at $99.99.(3)
- HP USB Flash drives are a portable, affordable storage solution. The HP v165w, available in red or blue, and the diamond-studded gold HP c335w allow students to carry their content in style. HP USB Flash drives start at $14.99.(3)
The Trendy Techie
For the student who is always on the go, but demands the latest and greatest in design and functionality, the following HP products make productivity look better than ever.
- HP Pavilion dm1 delivers notebook performance in a compact, stylish design. Measuring less than 1-inch thin, it features an 11.6-inch diagonal HD(2) BrightView LED display, an AMD dual-core processor and offers up to 10.75 hours of battery life.(4) HP CoolSense technology combines hardware and intelligent cooling software for a notebook that feels noticeably cooler. The Pavilion dm1 starts at $499.99.(3)
- HP Envy100 e-All-in-One Printer is a sleek, web-connected(5) device that is whisper-quiet and features a touchscreen display that retracts after printing to maintain a streamlined appearance when not in use. It is also the world’s first PVC-free printer and comes with a reusable tote bag and cartridges made from up to 70 percent recycled plastic to help students reduce their environmental impact.(6,7) The HP Envy 100 e-All-in-One is $249.99.(3)
- HP Wi-Fi Mobile Mouse is the first mouse to connect quickly and easily via a PC’s built-in Wi-Fi receiver,(5) ideal for the student who can’t spare a USB port. It offers up to nine months of battery life and five customizable buttons so students can create shortcuts for common actions such as cut, paste, undo and redo. The HP Wi-Fi Mobile Mouse is $49.99.(3)
The Family Fun and Learning Center
Education begins at home, and HP has the solutions to fuel a child’s desire to learn.
- HP TouchSmart 610 is a touchscreen, all-in-one PC that offers an intuitive computing experience and endless opportunities for discovery and learning. Kids of all ages can engage with touch-optimized applications and games from Marvel Comics, Cartoon Network and more.(5) Additionally, the display reclines from upright to almost flat for increased comfort and a more natural interaction with the touchscreen. The TouchSmart 610 PC starts at $899.99.(3)
- HP Photosmart eStation is the ideal printer for the digitally connected family. It combines HP ePrint(1) with high-performance printing, scanning and copying. The printer’s 7-inch detachable touchscreen runs on Android OS, letting users shop online, access web applications, e-books and email right from the device.(5) The print experience can be customized by visiting the HP ePrintCenter, where students can explore new services, track print jobs and check out new print apps. The Photosmart eStation starts at $329.99.(3)
- HP Portable Hard Drive is an ideal back-up solution for families that want quick, reliable back-up with virtually no hassle. Available with up to 1 terabyte (TB)(8) of storage, the HP Portable Hard Drive features HP SimpleSave software and USB 3.0 technology for the fastest transfer speeds available. Simply plug the drive into a PC and it backs up all family photos, videos and other cherished memories instantly. It starts at $99.99.(3)
Smart student packs now available at HP Academy
The only thing better than getting the perfect PC for school is getting a great deal on essentials like Microsoft® Home Office or entertainment fun like the Microsoft Xbox just for purchasing an HP PC. HP Academy is offering special deals for students and teachers this back-to-school season, including:
- The Essential Student Pack: Students who purchase an HP notebook priced higher than $599 can add an HP Photosmart e-All-in-One printer, three-year limited warranty and 4 gigabyte (GB)(8) HP USB Flash drive for only $199.(3)
- The Ultimate Student Deal: The lightweight, high-powered HP Pavilion dm4, Microsoft Office Home and Student, and the Essential Student Pack can be purchased for less than $900 with the HP Academy student discount and coupon code NB6666.(3)
- Microsoft Xbox 360 offer: Students get a 4 GB(8) Xbox 360 for free with the purchase of an HP PC with the new Intel Core processor family and Windows® 7 priced higher than $690. Additional details are available at www.hpdirect.com/go/xbox.
Additional information on HP’s student packs and offers is available at www.hpdirect.com/go/classofnow
(1) Requires an internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected internet- and email-capable device. Print times may vary. Some HP LaserJet printers may require a firmware upgrade. A list of supported documents and image types is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. Additional solutions are available at www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-
(2) HD content is required to view HD images.
(3) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
(4) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Additional details are available at MobileMark07 battery benchmark www.bapco.com/products/
(5) Wireless access point and internet service required and not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
(6) HP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One is polyvinyl chloride-free (PVC-free), meeting the evolving definition of PVC-free as set forth in the “iNEMI Position Statement on the ‘Definition of Low-Halogen Electronics (BFR-/CFR-/PVC-free).” Plastic parts contain less than 1,000 ppm (0.1 percent) of chlorine (if the Cl source is from CFRs or PVC or PVC copolymers). Printers sold in Korea are not PVC-free. USB cable, required in limited geographic areas, is not PVC-free.
(7) Many of HP’s ink cartridges with recycled content include at least 50 percent recycled plastic by weight. Exact percentage of recycled plastic varies by model and over time, based on the availability of material.
(8) Actual formatted capacity is less. A portion of the hard drive is reserved for system recovery software — for notebooks up to: 20 GB (Windows 7), 8 GB (XP and XP Pro), 12 GB (Vista®, 12 GB (MCE); for desktops up to: 14 GB (Windows 7), 10 GB (Vista, XP, XP Pro), 12 GB (MCE). For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes and 1 TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 20 GB of hard drive is reserved for system recovery software.
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews? Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader Questions?Drop me a line at email@example.com