Tosca Reno, over-weight mother of four turned cover model and New York Times best-selling author of the eat-clean diet series, reveals fitness models’ top secrets of getting into shape. The health and fitness guru lost weight at age 40 following the same regimen. Now, she has launched her 12th and 13th books and offers her top tips.
Ever wonder how the models you see in fitness magazines really stay in shape? So did Tosca Reno, who got seriously fit in her 40s with the help of these women. Tosca herself competes against 20 year olds on her show, “Tosca: Flexing at 49!” on Oprah’s OWN Network.
“I learned the tricks of the trade from the best of the best when I was preparing for my own competition nearly 10 years ago,” says the 52 year old Tosca Reno. “These athletes have the science behind them to create beautiful physiques with the perfect combinations of diet and exercise. If they can do it, why can’t we?”
Tosca Reveals Her Top Tips:
1) Experiment with Spirulina: This nutrient-rich blue-green algae helps decrease appetite
2) Get A Spray Tan: A tan helps hide cellulite and a body with a bit of color to it always looks leaner
3) Freeze Food: I make large batches of dishes and freeze them in individual containers for on the go meals
4) Pre-Eat: Eat a healthy meal before meeting business associates or friends to avoid eating heavy or unhealthy foods, or avoid getting hungry. I am able to focus on conversation.
5) Strength Train: Muscle burns fat. And strength training not only stimulates your muscle while you’re working out, but for hours after.
6) Eat Regularly: Eat small meals every 2 1/2 to 3 hours to keep your metabolism going
7) Make Your Last Meal Three Hours Before Bedtime: Determine your hunger after dinner. If hunger sets in decide if it’s true hunger or emotional eating. If you are physically hungry, eat! Just don’t go overboard.
8) Straighten Out: Slouch? You’ll appear to lose at least five pounds just by correcting your posture.
9) Drink Plenty of Water: Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Drinking water keeps your body lean by helping nutrients flow through it and by washing away waste and free radicals.
10) Go Harder: Increase the intensity, not the duration, of your cardio workouts. High-intensity interval training (HIIT) shows that people who incorporate HIIT lose twice as much weight as those who don’t.
11) Avoid Sugar: The average person consumes 60 pounds of sugar per year, or one pound every few days. I rank sugar’s dangerous effects up there with cocaine and heroin. All three are white powders, all give you a high and crushing lows, all are highly addictive and all destroy you.
12) Make Lunch a Culinary Affair: I create a fine-dining experience everywhere I go. I keep a plate, cutlery and placemats in my office and use them every day. I savor my food. I’m always satisfied at the end of the meal and I return to my desk with a clear head.
13) Broth is Best: If you’re out to eat and there is no healthy salad, have a broth-based soup.
14) Fletcherize: This is the practice of chewing each mouthful of food a minimum of 25 times. Doing this gives your body time to recognize that you are slowly becoming full and satiated.
15) Host a Game Night: You provide the healthy snacks and they’ll provide you a night filled with laughs.
16) Pack Your Lunch: Having healthy food on hand prevents you from grabbing food in a hurry
17) Join a Team: Join an adult sports league. You can play a wide range of sports, also opening yourself up to meeting other people who are just as interested in being fit as you are.
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at email@example.com