Dad of Divas' Reviews: Product Review - Rain Bird

Friday, July 15, 2011

Product Review - Rain Bird

About the Product
Most of us know dad loves to see his lawn in great shape – and loves the credit too.  We also know it can be tough for dad to keep on top of lawn maintenance without the right tools (“technology”).  Funny thing is we spend tons of money and time using new technology indoors to make our lives easier and cost less.  However, when it comes to using great technology to save time and money outdoors, there seems to be a huge disconnect.

That is where the new Rain Bird SST Weather-Based Irrigation Controller comes to the rescue.  Designed to be installed and used by everyday consumers, the new SST Smart Controller ensures that landscapes receive the precise amount of water needed to thrive, reducing the amount of water wasted to overconsumption and varying weather and temperature patterns. The SST achieves maximum water-efficiency by setting pinpointed, zone-by-zone watering schedules tailored to the landscape’s watering needs, and adjusting based on changing weather conditions.

This self-adjusting, weather sensing technology is housed in a powerful and rugged controller that works with a sophisticated weather sensor to create daily adjustments in watering schedules so that landscapes receive the right amount of water every time.

Simply put, it’s like having a weather man in your backyard...all the time.

So, just like your Smart refrigerator knows when your food is spoiled (yes, they exist), the next generation of irrigation gadgets knows when your landscape is about to go bad.

And, when combined with smart watering habits, the SST can result in water savings of up to 70%, not to mention reduce the strain on an already stretched water supply..and Dad’s back.



 
The SST Smart Controller with weather sensor is designed to incorporate into any automatic irrigation system. The indoor/outdoor smart controllers have a suggested retail price of $139.99 for a 6-valve model and $159.99 for a 12-valve model. The controllers are available through the Rain Bird online store, as well as in select Home Depot and Lowe’s stores. More information on the SST Smart Controller is available by visiting, 
http://store.rainbird.com/product/detail/C52600-M.aspx



My Take on the Product
I had a 4 zone version for our system in the past and it worked fine, but that I did not really see much water saving in the past. When I heard about this system I was excited to try it out because I noticed that this system was set up for water savings partially. In looking at the system when I did receive it I was impressed with how the system looked and in looking at the instructions prior to installation how easy it seemed that it would be easy to install as well.

After reading this I moved to install the system and I was amazed to find how easy this system actually was to install. In less than an hour I had a new system up and running. Once connected and in working with the new system I really liked the interface as it was very intuitive and was very easy to follow. I noticed that when the system was working, it seemed to make my whole sprinkler system work more effectively. I also noticed better water pressure overall with the new system.

Overall, after about a week, I have noticed a marked difference in this system and I am very impressed. I would recommend highly. I have even considered adding to my system overall. Especially because I have seen how effective this system works now, I now can see that having more would only impact and increase the beauty of my landscape.

If you are looking for a system that really works well, this is the system for you! Check it out today!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: