About the Game
Donkey Kong’s ultimate platforming adventure barrel-blasts onto Wii U! Team up with buddies to master their moves, from Diddy Kong and his jetpack to the fresh additions of Dixie Kong with her spinning ponytail and Cranky Kong with his pogo-cane jump. Journey across 6 distinct islands filled with dynamic levels and non-stop action.
Reclaim the now-frozen DK Island from the invading Snowmads. Master Donkey Kong’s ground pound and each of his buddy’s unique abilities to navigate diverse island environments like Mangrove swamps, Savannah storms, ocean depths, and the frozen lands of DK Island. The barrel-blasting, mine-carting action of Donkey Kong Country is back, along with a bushel of new features like upgraded underwater swimming, a new “plucking” system, dynamic viewing angles from a rotating camera, and collectables galore. Team up with friends in local 2-player multiplayer* to share in the adventure and reclaim DK Island from a host of wintery baddies and bosses.
- Journey through all-new levels that twist, turn and transform in consistently fresh ways. Plus, enjoy spectacular views thanks to the dynamic, rotating camera.
- Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong join in the adventure as a playable character alongside Diddy Kong. Any of them can buddy up with Donkey Kong to shake up the action.
- Fight off the arctic invading Snowmads as you run, jump, roll, “pluck” and swim across six distinctly themed islands, each packed with lively levels of non-stop action and surprises.
- Team up with friends in local, cooperative multiplayer that lets two players share in the adventure*.
- Discover hidden areas and gather numerous collectibles to unlock additional content, use life-saving items, or catch a ride on diverse vehicles.
- Enjoy new music from the original composer of the Donkey Kong Country series.
*Additional accessory required, sold separately.
My Take on the Game
In this game you get to have a ton of fun with Donkey Kong and his entire family. Each of the characters has special abilities that can help you to accomplish more. I found the game to be a lot of fun, and reminded me a bit of Super Mario Brothers with the bananas that you collect as well as the some of the other tasks that you are required to accomplish while you are working on each level.
The game is challenging and you may find yourself playing and replaying levels to try and accomplish more or to reach new areas within the game itself so in the end you are able to finish the level completing the most that you can complete.
All-in-all, the game was solid, the graphics just popped off the screen. It was challenging and not a game that you will fully complete quickly, which is great for the gamer at heart.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org