Dad of Divas' Reviews: Brush Off Your Spanish With Pimsleur Spanish I

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Brush Off Your Spanish With Pimsleur Spanish I

Pimsleur Spanish I
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. Learn Spanish on the Go with Pimsleur - In Your Car, On the Plane, Anywhere... No Books, No DVDs, No Software Required!Pimsleur Spanish Level 1 (Comprehensive 1) is the easiest & fastest course available to start holding Spanish conversations.


  • Highly effective, 100% audio-based learning
  • Based on Dr. Pimsleur's famous research. Learn the Spanish language simply by listening & speaking
  • Perfect for travelers, business executives, students & anyone who wants to hold real conversations
  • No reading, writing, memorization, textbooks
  • Just 30-minutes/day!
  • Easily download onto your mp3 player
  • No software (unlike Rosetta Stone & Fluenz) The Pimsleur method is an audio-only approach unlike any other available. Its revolutionary scientific system allows you to lock language material in your brain after just one listen!Takes you from beginner Spanish to a basic intermediate level in thirty, 30-minute Pimsleur Spanish lessons - 16 hours of real-life speaking sessions on 16 Spanish language learning audio CDs.


Pimsleur Spanish I

  • Initiate & hold face-to-face conversations
  • Handle everyday situations - ask for information, directions, & give basic information about yourself
  • Participate in casual conversations
  • Avoid basic cultural errors & handle travel requirements
  • Establish rapport with strangers in foreign countries
  • Begin sounding out words with native-like pronunciation About Dr. Pimsleur: Dr. Paul Pimsleur was a legendary linguist at universities around the world. His world-famous, scientifically-proven Pimsleur method has helped millions of people learn new languages quickly & easily. Featured on PBS - Purchased by the FBI.


Pimsleur Spanish I

My Take on the Book
It has been about 20 years since I studied Spanish and I always have regretted this in the past. For me, with how many people that I meet daily that speak multiple languages, I am saddened that I too do not have this ability, but it is never too late to learn. The challenge for me is always time. I am on the go constantly so carving out time with many of the programs out there simply does not work because I do not have the time to be tied to my computer. That is why this program is so great. With the fact that the program is completely set in CD's I can take them on the go, listen to them on my commute to and from work, or use in other ways on the go. This works perfectly for me and for my time.

The program also was easy to follow and I liked that the program uses a formal foundation for the Spanish that it is teaching. While I know there is a lot of dialects, this gave me a great foundation to at least start with so that I could start conversing with my students and others that I know. Now that I am in the midst of working on Spanish I, I am also thinking about using Spanish II to keep the learning coming.

While I know that I am not an expert yet, this program is moving me in the right direction and it will help you too.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: