Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - How to Be a Man: A Father & Son Guide

Monday, November 12, 2012

Book Review - How to Be a Man: A Father & Son Guide

About the Book
It's time to change the stereotype. As a man, are you sick of feeling powerless, helpless, and stuck? As a father, are you terrified of passing these traits onto your sons?

The answer is character. Strong, solid, unwavering character creates men. Men who won't back down, who will treat their families and girlfriends with respect, and who will not be swayed by popular public opinion.

As a father of five the author realized the need for a guide to see his sons reach maturity. There were too many temptations, too many bad examples set in front of their eyes today. The author was sick of giving the lectures, repeating the same "do's" and "don'ts" over and over again, with no lasting change.

This guide goes through over 30 essential character traits in a way that is easy to understand and absorb.

This guide is crafted for those with short attention spans and busy schedules.

The book is not a 12-step program, and I don't believe in prepackaged formulas.

And unlike many books in this category, "How the Be a Man: a Father and Son Guide" is not religious in any way, although it does focus heavily on the values that make up good, strong character.

Trust me, your sons want to learn from you. They need your attention, even if they pretend to hate it.

This book gives you talking points to build a real and honest relationship together.

Discipline not working anymore? Dealing with extreme disrespect? Learn how to tap into your son's core to connect with them on a real level. Then watch them make the choice to discipline themselves and make choices that protect your relationship.

Remember, there is always hope!

My Take on the Book
What I loved about this book was its practicality and straight forward approach to parenting. Being a father of girls I did not know if I would take a lot out of this as I thought that it would only be applicable to fathers and sons, but I soon found that it was not only for them, but that there was much that I could learn form this as well.

The book was an easy read and I found myself engrossed and intrigued to find more. I actually shared this after reading it with a number of other dads that I knew too and hope that they too will read the wisdom shared in this book.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: